DIY: How To Make African Black Soap with Lemon

My friends requested i made this video. I was curious and at the same not sure because this is my first African black soap.




Soaping is very interesting for me so taking this challenge is an opportunity to do something different.

Making African Black soap.

Before I started, I considered skin sensitivity, fragrance and cleansing.
A typical Africa soap is really harsh for a sensitive skin and had a drying feel
I have used a popular brand. Upon first application, i felt this tingly, itchy thing all over my face. Thought it had its benefits as it had some good effect on acne over a long period of us.

For This African black soap,
  • I made sure I used the right oils and butter, to ensure good moisturizing and cleansing properties in the soap. 
  • I didn't add lemon in excess (which feels harsh upon direct application). I measured the lemon to fall withing the Lye to liquids ratio.
  • I also ensured the ph level of my soap is neutral.

The main ingredients for African black soap is ash. Cocoa Pod Ash, plantain leave ash, Bamboo wood ash. I guess it is called African black soap because it still contains those ancient cleansing and soaping things.

I have a made a video on How to make black soap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bea vs Bae, Which Pet name would you Prefer

DIY Moisturizing African Black Soap

Edible Mayonnaise vs Hair Mayonnaise for Hair Conditioning Part 1 My Hair Test